Monday 16 April 2018

Why we March!



Triggered by greed
of power,
of money, 
we’ve allowed ourselves 
to believe 
that we stand here 
with no responsibility 
for humanity’s 
collective future. 
As long as we 
get our point across
it doesn’t matter 
even if it costs
another person’s child.

To drive home a point 
we keep trying to
hit the nail on the head
but how many 
people need to take a hit?
How many more heads
need to roll 
for our laws to change
for guns to 
outrage and be
outlawed,
but not 
outnumber
our children
our future.

Like ashes 
in our mouth
we talk about 
freedom of speech
and honor of the
first amendment.
But what about those
who had to 
bite down
on their screams?
Whose opinions 
were buried 
before they 
even had a chance
to discover 
themselves,
gone too early
they say,
just because we 
didn’t have 
the courage 
to stand up 
for our future.

We propagate 
the American Dream
but it’s time 
to wake up 
and rise up
above personal gain
because we 
need to answer 
each of our
great grandchildren 
feeling proud 
that we left behind 
a better world
than the one,
we found.

4 comments:

  1. I just couldn't depart your site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard info an individual provide for
    your guests? Is gonna be again often in order to inspect
    new posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using?
    I'm going to start my own blog soon but I'm having a difficult time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.

    The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking
    for something unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is among the most significant information for me.
    And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The site style is
    perfect, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and
    wished to mention that I've really loved browsing your weblog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing on your feed and I'm hoping you write
    once more soon!

    ReplyDelete